Men have been trying to fly since the beginning of time. Ever since men – and some women — first laid eyes on birds that could fly they have tried to come up with an invention that would give them the power to fly. Many times those inventions fall flat, but a man in Virginia may have come up with just the invention people need to fly.
“Birds have always fascinated me with their ability to just fly freely through the skies”, said Bo Higgins. “It’s like I shared an instant connection with them, which made me want to be just like them. That was when I started working on my newest and latest invention.”
Bo Higgins has been an amateur inventor since the age of 10. His first invention was an automated window washer, which he used while working at his grandfather’s gas station. That invention sparked a love of inventing, and has led to Higgins developing over 100 inventions; many of which were duds or didn’t work as expected.
Combining his love of birds and flying with his enthusiastic nature for inventing Higgins worked at developing a backpack that allows humans to fly through the sky.
“Using some of the theories and inventions I read about in sci-fi books and have seen on movies, I decided to try out a new invention”, said Higgins. “I combined a backpack that had the bottom cut out of it, with a small, compact version of a gas furnace. The results are astounding.”
The small backpack-like device easily connects to the back of the user, and provides just enough power fuel to lift people off the ground. Once in the air people can soar above buildings, treetops and other items. A small tiny push button control allows the user to control where they fly and in what direction.
“The problem with other inventions that were supposed to help people fly is they relied upon a compound jet fuel pack, that propelled the person through the air”, explained Higgins. “I found that the addition of the compact gas furnace really allowed people to get into the air and fly, just like birds.”
Bo Higgins plans to unveil his discovery and invention at Virginia’s annual sci-fi/fantasy convention. He will be taking pre-orders for this device.
“Where better to unveil this project than a sci-fi/fantasy convention”, said Higgins. “After all, these people are the ones to give me the ideas for the invention.”
38 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: johnalston
- Member Since: October 27, 2011
Other articles published by johnalston
- Could Robots be Used to Help Corporations with Project Portfolio Management
- Maze of Doors Used to Help IT Techs Learn Importance of IT Governance
- Emergency Project Management Training Online Course Helps Astronauts in Space
- Mascot Wanted for New Microsoft Office Training Online Course
- Suit Up for the Full Hockey Experience at One of the Newest Vancouver Airport Hotels
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Hybrid Electric Light Vehicles Report – 2012 Edition
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- travel12 on Global Automotive Embedded Telematics Market 2011-2015