To 99.9% of us, our families and loved ones are important to us, but what if you were putting their health at risk as a consequence of a common problem that occurs due to a lack of ventilation and a build-up of moisture? Mould grows where there is excess moisture that is allowed to sit and fester, such as in bathrooms and kitchens, when there is a lack of ventilation. If any sight of mould is not dealt with quickly and effectively, it can grow and spread exponentially.
Mould contains spores which can travel in the air within your home and cause health problems, such as sneezing, breathing difficulties or more serious health issues. Mould is usually more vociferous in tropical-like locations that experience warm seasons and due to the existing plumbing in some buildings, particularly apartment blocks. With any faulty plumbing, should a leak occur it provides an ideal platform for it to propagate.
If you are experiencing problems with mould, then call Mold Busters to get a mould inspection done, and take samples of the air within your home to be analysed by an accredited laboratory. Using infrared cameras, our inspectors will be able to source areas in your home where there are temperature differences which could lead to mould growth.
Following detection of mould, further investigative work can be carried out and the extent of the damage can be assessed to physically see the extent of the problem. Mold Busters will report on their findings and make recommendations on the next course of action, i.e. remedial work.
It is also worth remembering that once remedial work has taken place, it is also important to correct the situations that caused the problem of mold growth in the first place. For example, if you had a burst or leaking pipe which cased water to penetrate the walls and ceilings, the level of moisture would have increased allowing mold to develop.
95 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: moldbusters
- Member Since: September 25, 2011
Other articles published by moldbusters
- We don’t just test for mould, we also test for asbestos and VOCs
- Get your apartment tested before you move in
- Smell something musty? You could have mould!
- Mould needs to be removed by professionals
- Reclaim that basement back!
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Hybrid Electric Light Vehicles Report – 2012 Edition
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- travel12 on Global Automotive Embedded Telematics Market 2011-2015