Running a nation of secret mermaids might sound like it came out of the fairy tale ‘The Little Mermaid’, but it isn’t all fun and games like the movie and books portray. Running an ancient society of mermaids takes skill, logic, and an ability to know how to handle business and finance issues. The skills to handle this part of the society don’t come from the back of a cereal box, or even some wise advisor to the mermaid king. No, they come directly from one of America’s greatest inventions – online business schools.
“America has some of the best business schools on the planet and the undersea”, said chief advisor for the mermaid nation, Horizon. “While we would love to take advantage of the knowledge the humans have, it’s not like we can just flop on shore and walk into the nearest business school. We just can’t with our condition.”
Mermaids have the ability to stay on land without water for up to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, their scales start to dry out and their breathing because shallow. Most business schools require up to 20 hours of class time a week, which is just not doable with the mermaids.
“I think our nation could really thrive if we had the knowledge and understanding humans do about business”, said Horizon. “We could start up ecommerce sites; we could create profitable trade routes, everything you need. We just don’t have the knowledge needed.”
Horizon discovered that many of the top business schools offered online programs. These online programs allow the mermaids to gain the important knowledge they need to advance their society without requiring them to leave the water.
“Contrary to popular belief we do get Internet down here in our ancient city”, said Horizon. “That Internet connection may just be the saving grace for our society. We can have some of the best and brightest of our mermaid schools take the online courses from these business schools, and we can start to prosper.”
Approximately 20 of the mermaid nation’s high school population will be attending a six week online business course. The group will meet daily in a mermaid Internet café, where they will take attend three hours of seminars, discussions, and lectures on business practices.
“I am excited”, said 15-year old Moonshine. “I am like the future of the mermaid world, and taking these classes will allow me to help other people move into the next generation. So excited about this.”
39 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: johnalston
- Member Since: October 27, 2011
Other articles published by johnalston
- The iPad Music Craze Leads Music Production Schools to Offer New Courses to Students
- Music May Sound Different in Space: Group of Local Audio Engineering Schools Looks into That Possibility
- Play Where’s in the World is That Internet Visitor From with New Interactive Map from Search Marketing Seattle Firms
- Could Robots be Used to Help Corporations with Project Portfolio Management
- Maze of Doors Used to Help IT Techs Learn Importance of IT Governance
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- sangam121 on LIVE IN RELATIONSHIPS IN INDIA
- ashish123 on Best and Comfort Pest Control Services in NCR