The recent popularity of TV shows like Punk’d and Tosh.0 shows just how many teenagers love to pull pranks on people. When there is a teenager in the house no one is safe from the dangers of a good, old fashion prank. The Smith family learned that first hand when 16 year old, Travis pulled a prank on grandma the family won’t soon forget.
“Grandma had recently begun to explore the wonderful world of the Internet”, said Travis. “She had me come over almost daily to show her how to work the computer, how to surf the web, and how to e-mail. I must have explained to her a billion times how to do all this stuff.”
One day while working on grandma’s computer Travis decided to pull a prank on her. Travis downloaded a software program that allowed him to gain remote desktop control of the computer from his laptop.
“I downloaded the program and thought I’d wait to see when she was online”, explained Travis. “I saw her working on the computer and decided to just move the mouse around a little, click on things that she wasn’t near, and pull up odd websites.”
Travis’ grandma had expressed a concern to both Travis and his mother that the Internet and computers could come alive. Upon seeing the computer mouse moving on its own and the computer seeming to have a ‘mind of its own’, grandma freaked out.
“I get this frantic call from my mom”, says Tina Smith, the mother of Travis. “She was babbling non-stop saying the computer had come to life. I was trying to calm her down, but I couldn’t get a word in.”
When Tina Smith arrived home she noticed that her son Travis was playing around on his laptop and giggling non-stop. It was then she realized there had to be a connection between the two.
“Travis loves his laptop”, said Tina. “But he loves playing pranks even more. I knew he was up to something, especially when he asked if grandma had called yet.”
No one was harmed in the prank. Tina made Travis explain what he did to his grandma and apologize. The program was removed from the computer and Travis was grounded for a week.
“I really thought some alien life had taken over my computer”, said grandma. “I mean we didn’t have these things when I was growing up so it could happen! I mean computers could really have a life of their own for all I know!”
36 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: johnalston
- Member Since: October 27, 2011
Other articles published by johnalston
- The iPad Music Craze Leads Music Production Schools to Offer New Courses to Students
- Music May Sound Different in Space: Group of Local Audio Engineering Schools Looks into That Possibility
- Play Where’s in the World is That Internet Visitor From with New Interactive Map from Search Marketing Seattle Firms
- Could Robots be Used to Help Corporations with Project Portfolio Management
- Maze of Doors Used to Help IT Techs Learn Importance of IT Governance
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- sangam121 on LIVE IN RELATIONSHIPS IN INDIA
- ashish123 on Best and Comfort Pest Control Services in NCR