The bridal shower is the party prior to the wedding prepared by the bridesmaids or close female friends. The purpose of the bridal shower is to –you’d never guess – shower the bride with good wishes. Clearly, the bride is the center of attention at the bridal shower party. It doesn’t matter who is hosting or organizing the event. However, family was discouraged from hosting bridal showers, because it may look like they are digging for gifts.
There is no law about who is to organize the shower, but it is usually left for the bridesmaids, friends, or family. The location of the party is typically someone’s house, but bridal showers are often held at restaurants. One of the most significant aspects of planning a successful bridal shower party is to only invite people who will be invited to the wedding. Anyone invited to the shower has every right to be expecting an invitation to the wedding. To avoid uncomfortable mistakes, be sure to consult the bride and key decision makers about the guest list.
The bridal shower, just like your wedding, should be on a day that is convenient to attend. Saturday is probably the best day to have the bridal shower. It helps your guests to attend. The bridal shower should be close to the wedding day but not less than two weeks before.
Bridal shower favors are an important ingredient of the party. Some of the most popular bridal shower favors are personalized chocolates, candles, wine stoppers, manicure sets, or personalized bath gels. In case you have a beach theme bridal shower, your favors can compliment it. For instance, beach chair favors, dolphin wine stoppers, or seashell candles are very popular beach bridal shower favors.
Written invitations are optional. Most people have an e-mail address, so invitations through e-mail are a quick and cost effective option. If the party is at someone’s home, usually finger food is served. Pizza is another common choice of food. Bridal showers are informal events, and you don’t have to make a big deal about the food.
Marlon Jason is doing some researches on bride to be and wedding ideas, he is writing more about bride to be and participating on various discussions about bride to be and wedding party ideas. He has plans to write some books on bride to be too.
148 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: marlonjason07
- Member Since: August 24, 2011
Other articles published by marlonjason07
- Bride To Be : Bridal Shower Planning Tips
- Bride To Be : Bridal Shower Party Countdown
- Bride To Be : Bridal Shower Party Advice
- Bride To Be : Bridal Shower Invitations
- Bride To Be : Bridal Shower Games Ideas
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Hybrid Electric Light Vehicles Report – 2012 Edition
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- travel12 on Global Automotive Embedded Telematics Market 2011-2015