Long Beach, California, 7-10-2012 – The recent alarming trend in schools and summer camps banning sunscreen lotions is working to shed light on what’s turned out to be the worst best kept secret about theses products.
The secret that the FDA has known about all along is that sunscreens contain substances, that when exposed to sunlight, can in fact convert to chemicals that themselves may cause skin cancer.
It’s not only your skin that you have to worry about either, because doctors and research scientists have been saying for some time now that smearing a carcinogen on your skin poses a risk to your entire system.
It’s the synthetic vitamin A compounds, retinol and retinyl palmitate that are found in most sunscreen brands that react negatively in the sunlight to become carcinogenic.
Then to make matters worse, many people are now also discovering that standard clothing blocks out only a small percentage of harmful UBA and UVB rays, because most cotton t-shirts only provide SPF 8-10 protection.
So parents, school administrators and the general public as a whole are searching for effective alternatives, and in increasing numbers the solution that they’re finding comes in the form of rash guard shirts.
To find out more about this not so new healthy alternative to sunscreen we contacted Lori Valesko, CEO of Wholesale-Rashguards.com who had a number of interesting things to say about this line of clothing products.
She told us that, “Rash guards have actually been around for some time now, as these specialized shirts have been worn for decades by surfers to protect their skin from rashes that occurred either by the seams of their wetsuits or by laying on the rough surface of their surfboards. These specialized shirts are light and comfortable, so they’re easy to wear plus now they come in a wide range of styles for men, women and even kids and toddlers. Rash guard shirts are also available in SPF 50 which blocks out 85% of UVA UVB rays all the way up to super protectant SPF 150 / UPF 50 which blocks out 98% of the sun’s harmful rays. In spite of the larger public awareness that’s increased the number of visitors to our site, we still have our special discount coupon code available: just use the coupon code PR when you checkout!
In the meantime the public is still left waiting for an answer to how something that was supposed to prevent cancer has turned out to be another cause of it, but so far the FDA is not saying much – only issuing warnings about the ingredients of some sunscreen lotions.
In the meantime concerned parents and school administrators aren’t standing still. They’re reaching for solutions and one of the more sensible that they have found comes in the form of this sportswear. Wholesale-Rashguards.com supplies rash guard shirts still made in the USA, to schools, teams and individual retailers as well as resorts around the world. Many people may already own one of their shirts and not even know it!
264 Temple Ave
Long Beach Ca 90803
866 472 0888
149 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: keyrobert22
- Member Since: August 18, 2011
Other articles published by keyrobert22
- La Farge Beefs Up Website to Better Address Client Needs
- Singing Mermaid Artist nearly flooded Nhow Hotel Berlin while filming her Music Short Film Devil’s Paradise
- Pesticon the Best Pest Control Toronto
- Joseph Chikelue Obi Formidably Seeks 100000000 (One Hundred Million) Alternative Medicine Apprentices
- Blogger Reviews Idol Lash Products To Help Consumers Make Smart Decisions
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Hybrid Electric Light Vehicles Report – 2012 Edition
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- travel12 on Global Automotive Embedded Telematics Market 2011-2015