Mention the word honey to people and they automatically think of the sweetener that is used in teas and food products, but a new nationwide campaign to raise awareness for manuka honey might just change people’s opinion on honey. Manuka honey is commonly used in alternative medicine because of its antibacterial properties. A group of individuals hope to raise awareness of this.
“We are finding that many people have never heard of manuka honey”, said John Gallows. “I want to make everyone aware of just how wonderful this product is and how helpful it can be. It really should be in every person’s medicine cabinet, it’s that helpful.”
John Gallows wants to launch a nationwide tour of malls, medical clinics, and other facilities in an effort to raise awareness on this wonderful alternative medicine. The presentations would include demonstrations on how the product can help treat wounds, free samples, and people making a pledge to carry manuka honey in their first aid kits.
“It’s really amazing what this product can do for people”, said Gallows. “I mean if you get a cut in the wilderness it can clean and disinfect it to avoid any problems from arising. Just put it on instantly and it can help to prevent any infections or problems from happening.”
John Gallows has already scheduled over 40 stops on his nationwide Manuka Honey Rules tour. Some doctors have expressed an interest in partnering up with the tour, in an effort to raise awareness on how this sticky substance can help individuals.
“There are so many patients that wouldn’t be in pain if they had used manuka honey when the injury first happened”, said Dr. Bellows. “I just want people to realize this isn’t a joke and that they should really take the time to put it in their medicine cabinet. It really could help.”
In addition to mall stops and medical facilities, John Bellows plans on taking his tour to local Girl and Boy Scout troupes. These lectures will be geared towards children and teach the importance of including the products in their first aid kits.
“If we start at a young age teaching them the value of manuka honey it could really help people”, said Bellows. “I think this is something that can help people for years to come. I was extremely excited when the Girls Scouts of America offered to let me be a part of their group and spread the awareness.”
47 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: johnalston
- Member Since: October 27, 2011
Other articles published by johnalston
- Could Robots be Used to Help Corporations with Project Portfolio Management
- Maze of Doors Used to Help IT Techs Learn Importance of IT Governance
- Emergency Project Management Training Online Course Helps Astronauts in Space
- Mascot Wanted for New Microsoft Office Training Online Course
- Suit Up for the Full Hockey Experience at One of the Newest Vancouver Airport Hotels
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Hybrid Electric Light Vehicles Report – 2012 Edition
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- travel12 on Global Automotive Embedded Telematics Market 2011-2015