Every chef one day hopes to become the author of a national bestselling cookbook. The key to making that happen is discovering a way to make mouth-watering, tasty dishes in a fun, yet unique way. Tina Mae Struthers, a local chef based out of Tulsa, Arizona has come up with just the way to stand out in the culinary world – by authoring a book that teaches people how to cook using just their gas furnace.
“A gas furnace is just like a brick oven”, explained Tina Mae Struthers. “There are so many wonderful mouth-watering dishes that can be made with just the help of the gas furnace in your home. Not many people realize it and that is what my cookbook is all about – teaching people to properly use their gas furnace for cooking.”
The cookbook will cover an entire selection of foods ranging from breakfast items to desserts. Each item is carefully prepped and then cooked over the warmth of the gas furnace. No oven prep is needed.
“The entire time people have had this great cooking appliance in their homes and they never knew it”, said Struthers. “My goal is to teach people what they can make with just the help of a pan, some ingredients, and a little patience.”
Some of the most popular foods found in this cookbook include a cake made from scratch, cinnamon rolls, and fresh baked bread. Other recipes include omelets, pancakes, French toast, grilled cheese, and other favorite items.
“The key to making items with a gas furnace is the timing”, explained Struthers. “Some of the items cook faster, while others cook slower. If you don’t have the timing down you could end up eating undercooked or overcooked items that’s for sure.”
Struthers plans on taking her cookbook on tour. She will stop at several heating and cooling conferences and show them what she has discovered. In addition, she will stop at a few culinary schools and bookstores.
“We really think this will be a great addition to the heating and cooling industry”, said Tom Dwain. “It could serve as a great add-on to people who purchase gas furnaces. Think of the fun they could have, and they don’t even really know it.”
The books will retail for $15 and will be available through the official website and local bookstores by the end of the year. Several heating and cooling workers have expressed interest in carrying them, but at the moment that deal has not gone through.
31 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: johnalston
- Member Since: October 27, 2011
Other articles published by johnalston
- The iPad Music Craze Leads Music Production Schools to Offer New Courses to Students
- Music May Sound Different in Space: Group of Local Audio Engineering Schools Looks into That Possibility
- Undercover Investigator Discovers Secret to Newly Opened Restaurant’s Success Comes from Seattle Search Marketing Firms
- Play Where’s in the World is That Internet Visitor From with New Interactive Map from Search Marketing Seattle Firms
- Could Robots be Used to Help Corporations with Project Portfolio Management
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Hybrid Electric Light Vehicles Report – 2012 Edition
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- travel12 on Global Automotive Embedded Telematics Market 2011-2015