According to a news article written by the Marmaris municipality earlier this year, the well known Marmaris holiday hotspot is estimating 152,000 tourists by sea in 2011 on 96 luxury cruise ships. These are enormous numbers to consider and an excellent opportunity for vendors as it will help in strengthening the tourism sector and overall economy and further recognize its presence globally.
The article states that “Thousands of U.S. tourists vvill have the opportunity to visit Marmaris for the first time in 2011 thanks to offers from the Celebrity and Azamara Cruise companies”, and further explains that “last year, giant ocean liners called on Marmaris 86 times and brought 144,560 tourists, as vvell as revenue of 30 million Turkish liras, to the tovvn. This year, several cruisers vvith a minimum capacity of 1,500 passengers vvill call on the southvvestern tovvn, bringing vvith them the estimated 152,000 tourists.
For more information visit: http://marmaris.bel.tr/index.asp?s=Haberler&HID=1767
194 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You must be logged in to contact this author.
About author of this article
- Published by: aboutmarmaris
- Member Since: July 10, 2011
Other articles published by aboutmarmaris
- Marmaris Business Directory
- A Changing Marmaris
- A Cool Breeze on a Fine Summers’ Day in Marmaris
- Ideal Marmaris Holidays Itinerary
- Turkey Marmaris Boat Trips
Search Latest Articles
- travel12 on Porsche wheels for diverse models
- travel12 on Honda headlights with powerful illumination
- travel12 on Gujarat’s Automotive Revolution Triggers a Specialized Automotive Manufacturing Technology Exhibition in Gandhinagar
- sangam121 on LIVE IN RELATIONSHIPS IN INDIA
- ashish123 on Best and Comfort Pest Control Services in NCR